|Notice on Adjusting Pre-departure Requirements for passengers flying to China from Bahrain|
In addition to a valid visa or residence permit to enter China, Chinese citizens and foreigners need to obtain health codes from the Chinese Embassy in Bahrain and from the Chinese Embassy/Consulate in the transit country before each boarding.
Starting from May 18th, 2022, testing requirements for passengers flying to China from Bahrain have been adjusted as follows:
1. Passengers must take two PCR tests within a period of 24 hours before boarding in the designated hospital. The hospital will conduct two nasal swab samples at the same time and use two different detection reagents to test respectively. IgM tests (regardless of the vaccination status ) are no longer required.
2. All passengers must take an antigen test within a period of 12 hours before boarding, in the designated hospital.
3. Applying for Health Declaration Code (HDC)
Take a screen shot of the green HDC once issued by the Chinese Embassy in Bahrain. In the transit country submit the screen shot, together with the test results, as required by the Chinese Embassy or Consulate of the transit country.
1. Al-Salam Specialist Hospital is the only designated testing hospital for the Chinese Embassy in Bahrain. Their working time for tests is 7:30a.m. - 7:30p.m. PCR test result can be produced in 12 hours, Antigen test result can be obtained in 15 minutes.
2. There is no direct flight to China from Bahrain, only one transit is allowed, and HDC applications are required from both the Chinese Embassy/Consulate in Bahrain and at the transit country.
3. In addition to the above standard tests, travellers who were previously infected with Covid-19 must
Please strictly follow all requirements and safety precautions before and during your trip.