|Notice on the Current Visa Application Procedures (updated August 21, 2022)|
Since the outbreak of the Covid-19 pandemic, the Chinese government has been adjusting the visa policy following the development of the pandemic. This Notice is to introduce the current visa policy and the application procedures. If you need to apply for a visa to China from the Embassy, please follow the instructions:
1. Visa Types and Basic Document:
2. For emergency humanitarian visa beyond the above scope, such as visiting critically ill relatives or attending funerals in China, Please provide the proof of relationship between the applicant and the patient or deceased, a critical illness notice issued by a hospital or a death certificate and identity documents of the patient or deceased (Chinese Identity Card or foreigner's passport).
3. Visa application procedure:
1) Applicants fill out the visa application form online (https://cova.mfa.gov.cn), print out the confirmation page and form, and sign the confirmation page and Item 9 of the form.
2) Visit the Embassy on visa application day with the following documents:
2.1) Visa application form and confirmation page.
2.2) Original passport with at least one blank visa page and valid for at least 6 months.
2.3) One photocopy of data and photo pages of the passport.
2.4) One recently-taken, color, passport photo against a light background
2.5) One photocopy of Bahrain Residency Permit
2.6) One photocopy of COVID-19 vaccination record (Vaccines should be approved for emergency use authorization or fully approved in the market by China or the World Health Organization.)
2.7) Other required documents depending on the visa type ( details in part 1)
If other supporting documents are needed, the staff will inform the applicants.
4. Visa Application Time
Tuesday ( 8:00 -- 12: 30) at the Consular Section Building of the Embassy
5. Embassy Address
Building 1109, Road 2819, Block 428, Al Seef, Manama
6. Health Code Application
In addition to a valid visa or residence permit to enter China, Chinese citizens and foreigners need to obtain a health code from the Chinese Embassy in Bahrain and from the Chinese Embassy/Consulate in the transit country before each boarding. For the latest health code application requirements for passengers who have obtained a visa and are flying to China from Bahrain, please refer to the latest Notice on Adjusting Pre-departure Requirements.